Thursday, September 4, 2008

J and J check-ups

Today both kiddos had their well baby/child check-ups. Jacob's 4-yr and Julianne's 15 month.
So, we get there and Jacob walks over to the "Well" side and sits down at the table with his Mater lunchbox full of cars. He starts playing with one and then this sweet little boy (maybe 18 mo.) comes and sits down across from him. Jacob looks over at him and immediately reaches into his lunch box and grabs a car for the little boy (whose name we find out is Maddox). He tells Maddox's mom, "I'll share my cars with him. I brought plenty."
Now mind you I'm watching all of this from the front desk where I'm signing in with Julianne on my hip. So proud!
Eventually we end up with Jacob, Maddox, Julianne and a cute little girl named Maddy all sitting at the little table playing cars. Maddy was being a little rough with them and I know that Jacob recognized that there was something a little different about her (she had Down's Syndrome), but he just said "lets all play nice car friends...", and then looked over at me to make sure that I saw that all of this was going on. It was so sweet to watch them all play together! The other moms and I sat and chatted until we were all called back (which took FOREVER, as usual).
Julianne went first and she did great, very ticklish, but great! Still has a big 'ole head, but the Dr. said that she's thinning out and getting taller. Watch out! :)
Jacob acted like an old pro. He sat up there all by himself while I just sat in the chair and watched. When the nurse put the blood pressure cuff on his arm I tried to prepare him for how it would feel. He looked over at me and said, "Mom, I can handle it. I've done this before, you know." I just looked at the nurse and we both burst out laughing!! The four shots that had to go in his thigh hurt him a little more than he expected, though. Let's just say that I have some hearing loss in my right ear.
Busy morning, but now they are both napping, all hopped up on Motrin for the pain.
That's all until Julianne's 18 month appointment! And no more shots for Jacob until he's 10!!! Woo Hoo!!

No comments: