Thursday, January 2, 2014

2013 Re-cap

***I am trying to update the look of this blog, as well.  However, after messing with it for 2 HOURS, I decided that I will just have to come back and tweak it later.  You will just have to imagine the cuteness for now :)  -K

Well, we're back!  I had abandoned this blog because I just couldn't find the time anymore!  I had a 5 and 2-year old at the time and had just gone back to work after staying home for 5 years.  But then I came across all of my old posts and LOVED reading about all of our daily adventures.  From zoo and park trips to rainy days at home playing dress-up.  Those moments seemed so mundane back then, but tug at my heart as I read and remember them now. 

I no longer have preschoolers - they are big 1st and 3rd graders now!  
We can't have play dates and run errands anymore, but I can take them Chick-Fil-A at school and sneak a hug if I'm lucky.
We can't stay in our PJ's all day anymore - alarms are set and clothes are laid out the night before for school.
My little thumb-sucker has lost 6 teeth and several grown-up ones are taking their place.
My little man who used to drive matchbox cars up and down my kitchen counter now has a crush on a girl at school and does 2 pages of homework each night

They are growing so fast (too fast!) and I like having a place to record memories and photos to look back upon.
We are also going through a lot of changes as a family.  2013 was one of the hardest and best years of our lives!  The very, very best thing was the birth of our sweet Hudson Robert on October 25th.  He is the perfect caboose to our little family!  
In the past year we: found out that Hudson was on the way (Surprise!), started building a new house, sold our old house, moved into an apartment, welcomed Hudson into all of this craziness and finally closed on the new, completed house on the 20th of December.

 2013 pics:
Julianne participated in Upward cheerleading at our church

My handsome cowboy on Rodeo Day

First day at our new school!  Julianne - 1st grade & Jacob - 3rd grade


Weekend trip to Corpus Christi/Rockport.  Texas State Aquarium (I HIGHLY recommend!)


Hudson Robert Patterson!  Born Oct. 25, 2013 at 5:56pm
9 lbs, 2.8 oz - 22" long.

Julianne with her new American Girl doll "Julie" and their matching PJ's

My three little Christmas sweeties!

2 months old

New bike from Santa

Happy New Year!  Our family of FIVE!


So, on this first day of 2014 (obviously, I wrote this yesterday...), I am truly looking forward to getting settled back into a routine.  I have come to realize that what may seem regular, ordinary and sometimes boring is really where all of the good stuff happens :).

No comments: