Thursday, August 14, 2008

New Cooking Blog

Rebecca (mom-in-law) recently told me about this cooking website called "The Pioneer Woman Cooks". I love to cook and experiment (not always successfully) with new recipes. Nothing fancy, because we're just not the little-strips-of-pretty-food-arranged-on-a-plate kind of people. Casseroles and pasta dishes are my fave because my kids have no idea what's really in it besides noodles/rice/chicken and sauce. As a matter of fact, I tell Jacob that anything green is "seasoning". Yes, even spinach. Anyway, I digress...
I love this new website!!! She takes step-by-step photos of everything she does and even adds humorous captions. I haven't made anything yet, but I'm in the process of saving all of the recipes I like in a word.doc for future menus.
Some things that sound delicious so far...
Sleepin'-in omelette casserole
Apple Dumplings
Penne a la Betsy

Let me know if you try anything!!!

Oh, here's the website: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristin! Your blog is so cute! I checked out pioneer woman's website (love it!) and made her chocolate cake for my dad's birthday. It was AMAZING and pretty easy, even for a novice baker like me. I highly recommned it! Hope you and your family are doing well!